ABOUT: project / criteria / timeline / duties
TICKETS: costs / payment
TRAVELS: duration / countries / yoalin 2018
MISC: changes / deadlines / cancellation
- What is it about? Youth Alpine Interrail is a project of the CIPRA Youth Council and CIPRA International that enables 100 selected young people to travel sustainably across the Alps by means of public transport for 50-80 euros for one month in the summer of 2019. The goal is to show you the adventurousness, the comfort, the practicality and the fun of holidays by train and the beauty of the alpine countries. Young people living in the Alps and beyond between the ages of 16 and 27 could apply for the Youth Alpine Interrail Passes
- What’s the timeline?
- April 17: Deadline for the application from the candidates
- April 23: Deadline for the selection/confirmations to the candidates
- May 17: Deadline for the payment of the 50-80 Euros
- June 7: Kick-off-event in Feldkirch/A
- End of June: Passes received by the participants
- July 1 – August 31: 7 days of travel within one month
- September: Closing Event in Bern/CH
- What are the criterias for the decision? We are also looking for diversity and motivated young people and need a complete application form and the transferral of the participation fee until May 17th.
- What is expected from the travellers? Participants are encouraged to take pictures and share stories of their adventures on Instagram, Facebook and on the website of the project “Youth Alpine Interrail” using the hashtags #yoalin, #youthalpineinterrail and #yoalinchallenge and at the end of the summer, the best photographs and writers will be rewarded for their efforts.
- How much does the ticket cost? There is not just one price. To be fair we had to modify the ticket-prices to the Purchasing power parity (PPP) of the country in which the participants have their center of life (so not where they are born, but where they e.g. study, live, spend most of their time,…). That means the tickets costs as followed: Slovenia 50 € / Italy 60€ / Germany, France, Austria 65 € / Switzerland, Liechtenstein 80€ (90 CHF)
- I will not be able to pay within the deadline of May 17. What can I do? Unfortunately candidates whose fee did not arrive within the deadline are excluded from the access to the Youth Alpine Interrail-pass.
- I want to travel longer. Can the pass be prolonged? Youth Alpine Interrail is limited to one month and cannot be prolonged.
- May I travel as much as I want during this month? The Interrail Pass allows you to travel only during seven days in one month.
- May I use the Interrail Pass in my country of residence? The use of the Interrail Pass in your country of residence is restricted to two days of travel and only in order to get out and into this country.
- Can I bring my friends? Yes, you can apply for a maximum of 4 people. At the moment of application, you need to submit the final names of the persons travelling.
- I traveled with the Youth Alpine Interrail in 2018. Can I apply again? Give others a chance as well, eh? Unfortunately the Youth Alpine Interrail-pass is only available once – but feel free to explore the Alps on your own!
- I won’t be able to register within the deadline. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to take later applications into consideration.
- There are some changes after I submitted the application form… No problem – if you get in touch with us before 1st of June. Later changes are not allowed!
- What if I get sick or can’t use the Interrail Pass for other reasons? The 50-80 euros are not refundable in case of illness or other reasons, because the ticket is a special offer with personal data on it, so it can’t be transferred to someone else.